The Underwater Promotion Office and CalamarPark.com
The ‘Underwater Promotion Office’ was founded in 2005 by Martin Henke together with Nursel Arslan and Benjamin Kuch as an initiative to attract attention for the marine habitat and increase interest to its environmental issues. Therefore we developed several projects and underwater events.
- Introducing the website UnderwaterPromotion.com becoming several times one of the most popular sites on the diving topic on TOP100 ranking.
- The underwater sculpture exhibition ‘Deep Art‘ with approximately 3500 diving visitors per year and large press resonance in cooperation with the ‘International Water Sports Management IWM‘
- The interactive dive guide Kemer / Turkey, funded by the travel companies ‘Anex Tour‘ and the diving providers ‘Magic Divers‘ (Magic Life).
- Projects for the diving association PADI Europe and the diving equipment manufacturer ‘MARES” Italy
- The scuba course book for children ‘Aquanautica‘, officially recommended by the Association of International Diving Schools VIT.
- Planning and construction of the underwater theme parks in Kiris, Kemer / Turkey in cooperation with the IWM.
- Planning and construction of the underwater theme park for the hotel ‘Sungate Port Royal‘ in cooperation with the IWM.
- Planning and construction of the ‘Medusa habitat‘, a tourist diving bell in cooperation with the IWM, for testing the guest response to alternative diving activities.
- Moonwalk to Rat Island/Antalya
- Establishing the Calamar Park Document Server
- Introducing CalamarPark.com as a new platform after UnderwaterPromotion.com was fatally hacked.
- ‘Undersea Station’ : An open-source project for designing, developing and finally constructing an underwater settlement between 2007 and 2012 as a forum on UnderwaterPromotion.com and since 2016 on this webpage.
- Calamar Park Net: Establishing and maintaining an international network of underwater experts.
- Contributing articles about underwater subjects on the German Wikipedia:
- Translating James W. Miller and Ian G. Koblicks book Living and Working in the Sea (Van Nostrand einhold Company, 1984, ISBN 0-442-26084-9) from English to German (appr. 30% done)
Even if none of us is a native English speaker we decided to build CalamarPark.com in English. The reason is obvious: There are much more people able to communicate in English than in German, the language of UnderwaterPromotion.com. Therefore we would like to apologize in advance for any lacks and mistakes in style or grammar of the texts.